Saturday, June 14, 2014

Denying My Own Blessings



 I want my mom's creativity and patience. I want my dad's ability to create things out of nothing. I want my son's natural born ability with music and fearlessness in promoting what he believes in. I want to move into a better home like my neighbor. I want, I want, I want......but what do I already have? I never really viewed my wanting as jealousy, but it is. I am envious over what these people in my life have that I don't. Funny how the devil uses a thing like jealousy to help us forget how truly blessed we are. We don't realize that with the wonderful blessings we receive also comes a series of burdens. My blessings and burdens are my own. Who am I to think that I deserve someone else's blessings or to think that I am capable of carrying the burdens that they may carry? I have been given what I have been given because that is what I can handle. God designed us and knows what we can and should realize in our life. We need to respect this and stop trying to compare ourselves to others. We are each unique and a perfect creation in God's sight. We need to realize this and begin living a life of gratitude rather than a life plagued with jealousy.

No comments:

Post a Comment